Thursday, November 03, 2005
Here I am at home on the second day of Hari Raya with nothing to do, nowhere to go and nobody to... uh... keep me company? That sounds so wrong Hahah actually I do lah, just wanted something dramatic to start off today's blog entry with.
Yesterday was smashing!
I woke up late hehe because my dad and brothers left for the mosque at around 6 so I went back to sleep and I woke up to my mum screaming at me to get out of the bed and get ready. So I did. Got ready and ate in the daylight for the first time in a month [ excluding the off days ]. Had ketupat, sambal goreng, rendang, ayam masak merah and my mum's fabulously spicy sambal kacang.
Then I had a horrible stomachache. Took a dump in my baju kurung LOL so tak glam.
Did the customary apologizing thing. At first all I could think of was getting it done and over with, but seeing my mum's red eyes after apologizing to my dad, I started feeling a wee bit sad. I haven't exactly been an angel so like they say, the more sins you commit, the more likely you're going to bawl your eyes out.
My eyes weren't rolling on the floor, but I did get my eyeliner smudged bloody hell. Then I watched my brothers apologizing to my dad and I realised how much my dad loves them. I know this sounds cheesy but watching how my dad talks to them and gives them advice then finally kissing them on the forehead made me want to cry all over again.
Not that my dad doesn't love me, I know he does, but I understand that love from a father to his son is different from to his daughter. I always thought that he you know, always gets angry at them and shouts at them and whatever, but my dad has a short fuse so I don't really blame him.
After that emotional moment I was back in high spirits again and we all headed off to my aunt's house, on my mum's side. Sat around, ate some more, henna-ed my cousin's hand, played with the cat, collected money =) =) =) then went to my paternal grandmother's house. Actually it's not really her house, but my father's youngest sister's house, whose husband is Warna DJ Hassan Salleh woohoo. We're just used to saying oh, we're going to rumah nenek. So yeah.
Their house got featured in Manja by the way. They made it look so nice lah what the hell. Not that their house isn't nice, they've just put up fantastic plum curtains and gave the walls a new paint job, but in the glossies with great lighting and all, it looked wonderful. Like those condominium showrooms. The house is great, it has wooden panellings, parquet flooring and mirrors to give a country club-ish appeal. Very nice.
Sat around, ATE SOME MORE gawd I think all the weight I lost will be gained back, along with maybe 10 more kilos, by the end of the week. Exchanged pleasantries with my cousins, watched Salam Lebaran again. Collected more moolah. Hari Raya makes me want to stay this age forever. Relatives give me more because I'm at the not-a-kid-not-a-working-adult stage so they give me two envelopes, or an envelope containing extra. Heaven.
BUT too much money is not good. I don't want to turn into a money-faced bitch.
Then we trooped off to my dad's elder brother's house and watched.... 2 X 5 Dol!
Oh my momma Haizad is so freaking hot I cannot tahan seh! He is so hot panas membara man! But the girl is so irritating lah best of all she gets to play his gatal girlfriend CIS BEDEBAH punye perempuan. Nurfa-whatshername, not even half as pretty as Haizad. Of course no one will ever be as hot as Pharrell Williams Reigning Hot God. Haizad shall be my Hot God No 2.
I just got to know that my 50 year old mat salleh cousin went off and married a Thai woman, leaving his wife all alone GASP the horror!
HAHA school on Monday SIGH.
Collection: 193 smackeroos and counting...
Posted by funkadelic @
8:17 PM -
0 comments